Infrastructure Engineer (Network, Voice, Firewall, Support)
- $600K - $720K per annum
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Aquis Search
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
An opportunity to join one of the world's largest law firm as an Infrastructure Engineer supporting network, voice and firewall technologies. This role will work alongside a group of global technology professionals across the U.S., Europe and Asia in providing around the clock support for the business.
The Infrastructure Engineer is expected to perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to clients, producing quality work products, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Infrastructure Engineer must fulfill the needs of the Office in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s visions and values.
- Works as a senior member of a collaborative team responsible for the definition and configuration of enterprise network, voice and video systems and standards, engineering methodologies, and best practices
- Works with Firm and Management to help establish product portfolios, roadmaps, budget recommendations, planning and direction; performs contract renewal research and recommendations based on user/system needs and vendor pricing
- Provides technical leadership to personnel on assigned platforms
- Collaborates with peers to create, administer, and optimize network solutions on a global basis.
- Works effectively on cross-functional teams and under the direction of a Project Manager or technical lead; provides accurate time and cost estimates on assigned work; provides technical leadership on projects of varying sizes
- Manages multiple and competing priorities and assignments as required in a dynamic environment
- Accepts responsibility for assigned systems, software and/or hardware, obtaining a complete understanding of assigned areas through formal and informal training.
- Evaluates alternatives for network and/or component upgrades in a managed environment and actively suggests changes that will ultimately enhance performance, scalability, security and the end user experience
- Provides third level support to diagnose system or service issues and performs root cause analysis; provides guidance and instructions to first and second level support on the management of known production system problems
- Creates and provides documentation and training regarding installation, maintenance, administration and support to other team members and those outside of the team as required.
- Adheres to department standards, including problem and change management policies, including incident problem and change management
- Completes projects and support tasks outside of normal business hours as necessary to meet the Firm’s objectives
- Provides a high level of customer service through commitment and the desire to excel in his/her technical skills and knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of the following equipment: Cisco routers and switches, Cisco Viptela, Checkpoint Firewalls, Firemon Monitoring, Solarwinds Orion, Wireshark sniffer, Avaya IP telephony infrastructure, Cisco Wireless, Cisco Prime
- Four year college degree or advanced training and certifications on Cisco Systems including CCNP or CCIE.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in providing excellent technical support for international based enterprise network with the ability to adapt to industry trends and evolve the global network.
- Excellent analytical, research, writing, and interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with Firm personnel at all levels
- Excellent troubleshooting and deductive analysis skills with creative approach to problem resolution
- Detail oriented self-starter and able to work independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Forward looking, innovative mind set, with a desire to continuously improve solutions and adopt emerging technologies
- Flexibility to adapt and work in a constantly evolving environment
Ability to participate in technical and business meetings outside of local office hours (20% of time)