Infrastructure Scrum Master
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
Infrastructure Scrum Master
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery)
You will be on boarded in the Cloud Infrastructure and Platform as a Service team that develops and maintains On-Premises Cloud Infrastructures, Container technologies and Traditional Hosting and Storage. The team is composed of 20+ DevOps System Administrator and Developers using Agile framework at scale.
We are looking for a great Scrum Master to coach and enable our teams to develop an agile mindset and practice, to help them to see beyond their individual perspective and improve the overall system.
The Scrum Master will collaborate with cross functional, highly skilled engineering teams in a fast-moving environment. This role will impact the way Infrastructure Services are delivered.
- Enable the transformation of Infrastructure teams from Ops to DevOps
- Drive adoption of Agile, Modern Software design and Engineering practices such as test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Contribute in building an environment where continuous improvement is the focus and where everyone's common goal is to deliver outstanding infrastructure services early and often.
- Facilitate learning across the teams and organization
- Actively identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods with the teams on how to be more efficient
- Contribute to backlog grooming and drive prioritization by value
- Facilitate the interface with project management reporting for the rest of the organization
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor Degree such as Master in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Team lead with Agile teams
- Overall experience of 8+years
- Agile practitioner in a Scrum Framework (LeSS, SAFe)
- Little tolerance for repetitive work / Passionate in automating tasks
- Proven knowledge of Infrastructure fundamentals and related technologies (network, hosting, storage etc)
- Proven knowledge on RESTful API and development framework would be a plus
- Deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching
- Proven leadership and motivation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must; can present formally or informally
- Not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from the teams
- Care about learning new things and improving existing challenges