- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Insurance Specialist APAC
Location: Hong KongMoody's Analytics (MA) is the leading risk and financial management solutions provider and combines deep industry expertise with unique enterprise risk management software and analytics. The company provides software, services and information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries.
Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers a wide range of modelling, software & analytics to support organizations' risk & financial management. We help firms to understand, assess, and manage risk & value, supporting business functions including, valuation & reporting, regulatory calculation & reporting, capital planning & management, investment & ALM. Within ERS there is a growing line of business responsible for products and services that we deliver to the insurance industry. This line of business has been successful in developing market leading products and has a large global client footprint in the insurance market.
The ideal candidate for this role is a technically-minded subject matter expert able to comprehend the variety of challenges facing customers, and effectively convey the way that our offering will address these requirements. Gaining credibility with key stakeholders through ongoing dialogue and development of relationships is key to achieving our goals for expanded adoption of our product offering in the region.
The successful candidate for the role will be expected to be able to have a strong understanding of the entire insurance product suite, in order to develop awareness and create opportunities for key areas of market demand (e.g. IFRS 17). Deep comprehension in specific areas will be desirable to further stimulate market awareness through conferences and marketing efforts.
- Subject matter expert in target markets (with a particular focus on China) for key products to identify needs and to deliver a strong value proposition.
- Strong familiarity with the MA insurance product suite (IFRS 17, AXIS, Economic Scenario Generation, Capital Modelling, etc.)
- Collaborate with sales team to qualify opportunities and provide content for client meetings.
- Identify market trends through maintaining a strong awareness of market and regulatory developments, through engagement with industry bodies, regulators or market participants (e.g. consultancies).
- Gather feedback from the industry to share with product development teams to ensure ongoing evolution of the solutions to meet the evolving or unique requirements of insurers in the region.
- Represent MA and the Insurance line of business at conferences and industry events
- Direct insurance or reinsurance industry experience an advantage, some life insurance exposure desirable
- Strong understanding of existing/imminent insurance regulations/accounting standards (e.g. C-ROSS, IFRS 17, IFRS 9, ALM)
- Experience servicing the insurance industry is desirable, either as a consultant or at a software vendor
- Experienced in leading presentations with senior stakeholders or C-level management
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders, including senior stakeholders (Chief Actuary, CFO, etc)
- Experience working directly with actuarial systems (especially AXIS), and clear understanding of the practical challenges experienced by actuarial departments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is a must
- Essential to be fluent in English and Mandarin (both verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic, professional and personable
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Actuarial subject
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. FIA, FSA) desirable
- Working knowledge of the existing Moody's Analytics insurance solutions is an advantage
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.