Internal Auditor, CIB, Associate
Who We Are
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com. What it Means To Work Here
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture here . About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $26 trillion of assets under custody and $485 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
The Audit Department is accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. The Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Audit Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across all of the CIB wholesale businesses. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage which is performed and managed by a global team of integrated technology and financial business specialists.
The Asia Audit Team has an onsite presence in 12 locations including Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney, Shanghai, Beijing, Manila, Malaysia and Indonesia.
The position is for an associate level auditor based in Hong Kong within the Asia CIB Audit Team, reporting to the regional Audit Director for Securities Services and Research. The individual will primarily work on audits of these business across the Asia region.
The applicant must be an experienced professional who possesses strong auditing skills and understanding of internal control systems within a financial institution. Securities Services specific experience is not essential, however understanding of mechanics of settlement and the risks of Custody is an advantage as is an awareness of relevant regulations relating to client assets.
In this role, the individual will be exposed to audit execution in the above lines of business, in addition to support functions such as Compliance, Finance and Operations. The individual will work as part of the regional and global line of business audit team, as well as with team members in Hong Kong and other Asia Pacific countries. This individual should be a strong team player as well as a self-starter, able to multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic business environment. Responsibilities:
- Assess the control environment of the business, with a view to providing recommendations for improvement where emerging issues or weaknesses are identified.
- Execute audits independently and efficiently, including risk assessment, audit planning, testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Communicate audit results and issues in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Ensure audits are completed within budget and timelines.
- Provide audit management and internal stakeholders timely updates and insight on the design and effectiveness of business, risk, operation and technology control practices, and thematic firm-wide control and industry developments.
- Foster a business climate and culture that encourages integrity, respect, diversity, excellence and innovation.
- Participate actively as a member of the broader Global CIB audit teams, disseminating best practices globally as well as regionally.
- Self-motivated audit professional who effectively analyses risk and proactively identifies issues.
- Knowledge of investment bank business activities, and practical experience dealing with risk management principles and controls within Financial Services.
- Project management - ability to assess priorities, participate in audit assignments and execute assigned audit tasks in a team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamically changing work environments, including travel to other countries as part of regional audit engagements.
- Strong communication and influencing skills (both orally and in written form).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change.
- Fluent Mandarin language skill is strongly preferred.
- Strong Excel skills. Experience working with data analytics software such as the following would be beneficial: Alteryx, Qlikview, and ACL.
- 3+ years of experience of internal or external auditing experience, or relevant business experience with a good understanding of internal control concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline is preferred
- CPA, CIA, and/or Advanced Degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. In accordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.