Investment Banking Division – Assistant Office Manager, Associate / Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Sep 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are seeking an Assistant Office Manager for the Hong Kong office, handling nearly all administrative aspects of the department, with coordination responsibilities across the Asia Pacific Region and with US and EMEA colleagues.
Candidates should be able to take initiative, demonstrate confidence in their abilities, adapt well to a fast paced environment, meet deadlines and be project-oriented. This role requires an individual who has strong organizational skills and can prioritize their work effectively and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Accuracy and precision in work is paramount. The ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) is essential as this position involves a great deal of interaction with all levels of the organization. The ability to listen and to make decisions on facts and circumstances within the spirit of policies and procedures is vital to success. Demonstrated capability to establish and improve procedures, workflow and document management, coordinate projects and manage administrative and secretarial staff as well as interact with executive staff and handle highly confidential and sensitive information is essential.
Examples of Key Duties: (Duties are illustrative and not inclusive):
• Analyze and resolve office administrative and procedural issues, including sensitive human resources issues Manage all aspects of the administrative and office management functions
• Manage secretarial staff by allocating duties, training, and mentoring
• Manage the provision of IT, business information, word processing, printing and translation services to the department
• Coordinate the division’s administrative relationships with external and internal service providers
• Take on projects and manage and execute them from start to finish
• Plan and execute client and internal events
• Coordinate office activities and schedules; develop and recommend office procedures and systems; ensure smooth office operations
• Ensure office services are provided to the division within necessary standards
• Plan to ensure adequate space is available for the division to perform its services
• Approve, reject or modify travel, office supply and other requisitions
• Assist in other project work, as required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in administrative / office management role. Candidates with more experience will be considered as Manager
• Experienced in supporting teams based in multiple locations
• Experienced in managing multiple concurrent tasks, meeting deadlines and working independently
• Must be proficient in spreadsheets, presentation and email software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and general MS Windows operations
• A high degree of professionalism in both written and verbal communication
• Previous experience supporting senior managers and officers
• Native level English skills preferred; Chinese languages skills (Cantonese and Mandarin) would be valuable.
• Have proven ability to manage a team of administrative staff
• Experience in performing technical, specialized, complex and difficult office project management and administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment
• Organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with minimum direction
• Use initiative and independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines
• Communicate and cooperate effectively with co-workers and external parties
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with senior management and external parties
• Strong use of judgment and discretion
• Excellent planning and organizing skills with high attention to detail
• Be able to handle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
• Have a positive, can-do attitude