Investment Banking Division, Client On-Boarding, Analyst/Associate, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business. Business Unit Overview Investment Banking Operations
Investment Banking Operations provide operational support throughout the lifecycle of a Corporate Advisory or Financing Deal. The department is structured as five functional teams within Asia, Europe and the US, including locations in Bangalore and Irving. The teams are set up to manage each deal through client onboarding, logistics of marketing, deal execution, settlement and invoicing of fees and expenses.
Principal responsibilities of the IBD Client Onboarding team are:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Conduct Anti-Money Laundering (AML) checks as part of onboarding for Goldman Sachs to meet its Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance obligations and other regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with Engineering to design new system enhancements to improve efficiency and control,
- Work with Compliance to define and implement firm policies and controls.
- Provide timely advice to IBD and clients on the KYC and account opening process.
- Provide a control framework to manage the operational risk of the business.
- Contacting clients and the business to obtain AML information and documentation.
- Answer queries on accounts and client relationships from IBD
- Project management ranging from small enhancements to large-scale, global projects
- Ensuring all communications are of the highest professional standard to maintain client service excellence.
- Timely and effective escalation of potential relationship issues and devising possible resolutions.
- Taking responsibility for delivering against commitments.
- Participate in regular meetings with the program team to maintain clarity around workflow, develop required reporting and identify and implement efficiencies.
The Ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate complex ideas
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Effective team player, with the ability to build networks
- Self starter, able to work towards targets with minimal supervision
- Solid understanding of basic capital markets functions
- Commercial awareness, able to understand the impact of the role on client experience and firm profitability
- Ability to drive projects and programmes across the team
- Mandarin / Cantonese language skills (not mandatory)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; skills in Business Intelligence tools (Alteryx, Tableau, RPA, AI) will be beneficial
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity