- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 30 June 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Equity Product Management group at Wellington works closely with our equity investment teams, our global relationship group and business colleagues around the firm. Our equity investors span a wide range of disciplines, geographies, industries, market capitalizations, and styles. Our clients are located around the world.
The product management function has three main objectives:
Product Development and Marketing
Product Management contributes to client growth and retention by assessing business opportunities and leading business planning, developing new products and investment solutions, creating the communication strategy for the book of business, including materials that differentiate the product relative to competitors and acting as a subject matter expert and portfolio representative for colleagues, clients and consultants.
Investment Integrity and Risk Management
Product Management acts as an independent advisor to ensure the integrity of the investment and risk management processes, as well as consistency with client parameters and objectives, conducts regular product risk and performance attributions reviews and contributes to formal Investment Review Group processes
Product Management contributes to business management, including capacity, pricing and guidelines, leads resolution of internal business challenges and collaborates on product management business to share investment integrity, marketing and product development best practices.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Investment Director is expected to work closely with several of the Equity Portfolio Management teams across the spectrum of critical investment and business challenges highlighted above. Investment Directors will work closely with the global team in Product Management, the investment teams, the Global Relationship Group and business professionals around the firm to position and represent our investment approaches for success in the marketplace, review and evaluate the integrity of our equity approaches and manage business issues associated with portfolios under coverage.
Specific activities may include:
- Developing and executing the agenda to move the products under coverage forward and strategically build a sustainable book of business
- Creating business plans, marketing strategies and original investment content to differentiate the firm/investor and position our products/solutions in the marketplace
- Acting as an effective investment representative of assigned investment teams and their respective portfolios and/or investment process with clients, prospects and consultants
- Driving, facilitating and influencing business decisions, such as those arising from operational complexity, fee negotiations, capacity limitations, investment guidelines, and the like
- Leveraging analytical tools to provide value-added analysis to improve the investment processes and conducting quarterly risk and attribution reviews with portfolio managers
- Making both quantitative and qualitative evaluations of the investment strategy both for competitive positioning and client consulting
- Where appropriate, tailoring investment styles to meet client specific needs/guidelines.
Investment Directors also act as a team leaders and are expected, in conjunction with product management leadership, to actively participate in the development of talent by providing feedback and creating opportunities for team members. Product Management is a global team and members actively work to broadly share information and ensure colleagues have the tools to represent the portfolios/investment processes to clients and prospects around the world.
The Investment Director role is multi-faceted and requires deep demonstrated investment knowledge and a passion for equity investing. He/she must have deep market knowledge and compelling communication skills to conduct external and internal meetings across a range of audiences and market/product content. He/she must be intellectually curious, creative, proactive and solutions oriented. The ability to influence and be collaborative, inclusive and transparent while acting as a fiduciary on a wide range of business and investment integrity relative issues is imperative.
Further qualifications include:
- Substantial (15+ years) industry experience, with deep capital markets and investment knowledge, preferably in a relevant capacity such as managing money or working on the consulting side of the business
- Strong personal presence and compelling communication skills
- Demonstrated business judgment skills and strong analytical skills
- Originality in thinking and ability to bring new ideas and creative solutions to discussions
- A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt, "roll up sleeves" and get things done
- An MBA and/or CFA
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in Mandarin or other Asian languages would be advantageous
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .