Investment Director - Shanghai
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 09 Jul 18 2018-07-09
Investment Director - Equis Funds Management Shanghai The successful candidate will be a deal maker with in-country commercial and development experience and fluency in English and Mandarin.
Main duties include:
* Provide leadership and oversight to the Firm's investment activities in China, supporting the partnership group and strategy with in country market knowledge and expertise.
* On the ground responsibility for origination, structuring, process, deal execution and continuous monitoring of portfolio projects.
* Leading business development activities including identifying new investment and/or divestiture opportunities in power, energy and infrastructure and to issue clear recommendations as appropriate.
* Oversee preliminary analysis for investment projects, including financial analysis and due diligence. Evaluate project opportunities and risks and report on them to the partnership group in a clear and concise manner.
* Responsible for ensuring land acquisition is conducted as appropriate, including preparation of all relevant documentation and adherence to local and national government requirements.
* Build and maintain a network of appropriate industry and government contacts to ensure access to the latest information, accurately assess the market to drive investment opportunities.
* Negotiate designated deals with a variety of actual and potential stakeholders.
* Ensure compliance with transaction approval process and procedures, as established by the partnership and in accordance with applicable policies and budgets.
* Providing high quality information and reporting to the partnership team on the China portfolio.
* Coordinate interactions between the local China team and Firm's principal office including portfolio management, development, finance, taxation, legal affairs and risk management and compliance.
* Supervise, delegate, explain and check the work of all junior staff including investment associates.
* Strong Origination skills and network, preferably in China, with a track record of sourcing and executing deals.
* Minimum of 8-10 years of leadership experience in deal origination and execution.
* Extensive experience in Private Equity deal origination, project development and supervision, M&A and/or corporate development, investment banking or strategy consulting.
* Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
* Analytical, self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of high functioning team.
* Must possess diplomacy, persuasiveness, influencing and negotiating skills.
* Able to work under tight deadlines and under pressure.
* Good communication skills, verbal and written, for both external and internal stakeholders.
* Fluent in English and China.
An excellent remuneration package will be provided for the successful candidate including an attractive basic salary, bonus and carry opportunity.