Investment Finance transactor
The MSBF Transactor Sr. Lead is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project. Responsibilities:
- The Product Transactor is an experienced lending product specialist and Credit Officer within the Investment Finance business, with direct client coverage responsibility.The Product Transactor is required to have strong structuring skills, origination/marketing capabilities and sound credit judgment and has the responsibility to work with Private Bankers for completing the due diligence, underwriting, obtaining approval and reviewing/closing documentation for new Facilities to cleints.
- Marketing and sale of the full Product range, including client calling and account planning in partnership with Private Bankers
- Understand and anticipate clients' needs, following up with effective products and financial solutions
- Maximize revenue generation whilst achieving at least minimum return targets ensuring responsible lending growth
- Responsible for appropriate transaction structuring and execution (within product programs) with appropriate risk and return characteristics, ensuring appropriate Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standard compliance
- Define, coordinate and oversee the analytical activities of the deal team
- Define and negotiate the transaction and credit framework (including covenant definition)
- Oversee preparation of credit and capital allocation Memos (as applicable)
- Oversee the Credit Approval write up, for both new deals and annual reviews
- Negotiation, obtaining and closing of credit documentation, ensuring compliance with all Citi and external policies and coordinating with external counsel and Risk Management, as required
- Responsible for the early problem recognition process and must propose, when deemed appropriate, credit classification and appropriate risk rating on specific transactions/ relationships
- This is a demanding role for which a strong mix of credit and process skills is crucial. It requires an ability to influence stakeholders, including clients, seniors of the bank, Risk, auditors or other areas of the Bank, to deliver against budget and to ensure processes meet the Bank's highest standards.
- Participation in remedial management actions together with SARG as require
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of experience
- Strong and proven analytical, financial structuring and execution skills
- Strong marketing and sales skills
- Strong knowledge of Citibank's Credit Policies, Product Programs and Citi Policies
- Intermidaite knowledge of financial markets, investments, banking and loan products
- Financial and cash flow modelling
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good negotiation skills
- initiative and interactive approach to problem solving
- Displays flexibility and independence in a demanding environment
- Team player
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Private Client Product Services Job Family:
IF Margin & Sec Backed Finance Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting