Investment Lab Analyst - Private Bank - VP/AVP
The Global Investment Lab is an integral part of Citi Private Bank's (CPB) investments organization, dedicated to delivering comprehensive, analytical and highly customized investment strategies with specific actionable solutions for ultra-high-net-worth relationships. The position has a responsibility for driving results, enabling sales and enhancing the bank's revenue generating efforts. This role will have a focus on the AP region.
Our holistic consultative sales process is designed to create sophisticated implementation plans drawing on the best global thinking and customizing it to the needs of the end client for their particular situation. The strategy adopted by the group is based upon strong teamwork globally and a highly supportive and inclusive attitude towards other colleagues in the Private Bank and across Citi.
The analyst will have the opportunity to conduct bespoke strategic and tactical asset allocation, portfolio optimization and construction, risk identification, fund and capital market strategies, and statistical modeling. It requires a unique focus on innovation as it is a cornerstone of the Global Investment Lab. The team is responsible for three key areas:
- Client Analytics (provision of client-specific analytics and recommendations based upon clients' needs and portfolio holdings, covering assets and liabilities)
- Product Strategy (Articulation of global and regional themes, positioning our solutions offering and strategy development)
- Business Management (Identifying opportunities for CPB and our clients (segments) through analysis of the book of business, clients' portfolios and markets or product trends).
The Analyst is expected to facilitate client analyses by collaborating with the bankers and Investment Counsellors to identify issues and establish the right approach for the analysis. He/she will design custom asset allocation, know our "focus list" managers and key products, and communicate clearly to a client the Citi Private Bank views and how to apply them to the client's portfolio.
This position would suit a proactive and energetic analyst with an analytical mindset and the ability to manage his/her time around business priorities. The opportunities for skill-set growth are high because of the wide range of subjects covered. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analysis & Advice
- Design customized strategic and tactical asset allocation strategies for clients' portfolios using proprietary models and tools. Comprehensive investment strategies may be multi-asset class or within a single asset class and can incorporate a client's total balance sheet and cash flow needs, including their philanthropy goals as well as their generational transfer requirements.
- Perform in-depth analysis on individual investment products, strategies, and portfolios across asset classes.
- Perform statistical modeling across asset classes.
- Collaborate with Private Bankers and Investment Counselors to develop objective, actionable proposals to clients.
- Be prepared to interact with clients to present and discuss portfolio analysis and investment proposals. Discuss and educate others - internally and externally - in work topics openly and confidently.
- Consistent work towards developing innovative solutions, tools and frameworks for global Investments organization.
- Position relevant CPB's global and regional themes;
- Identify opportunities for CPB and our client segments via analysis of the book of business and markets/product trends
- Inclusive investment and portfolio positioning and/or research, liaising with regional and global counterparts across the Private Bank and Citi as a whole.
- Participate in the development, education and rollout of global initiatives, analytical tools and methods.
- Consistently follow and support regulatory policies.
- Knowledge of Modern Portfolio Theory, asset allocation techniques, portfolio simulation, risk analytics, financial markets and investment strategies.
- Solid knowledge of Capital Markets and Managed Investment products including derivatives and alternative investments.
- Familiarity with financial modelling (including Monte Carlo simulation, optimization, and regression) and statistical analysis tools.
- Strong written / verbal / proposal communication skills.
- Soft skills include a can-do attitude, sense of ownership and a team-player approach.
- Education: BA or BSc and beyond
- Advanced skills in Excel, preferably with programming language capability
- Strong Business English skills
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Any additional languages (Mandarin / Cantonese)
- Previous investments experience with high and ultra-high net worth individuals
- CFA designation or progress towards CFA
- Knowledge of credit products, lendable values or Investment Finance
- Knowledge of Python / other programming languages would be advantageous
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .