Investment Operations Officer - HSBC Insurance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Sep 17
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong’s largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Investment Operations Officer.
In this role, you will
- Supporting the Settlement process for stakeholders and shareholders
- Support Unit Linked process, which includes reconciliation, order & settlement
- Support Mandatory Provident Funds and Occupational Retirement Schemes Ordinance process, including pricing, fund movement, unit ordering and unit reconciliations
- Supporting the maintenance of the Bank accounts ensuring liquidity to meet short and medium term commitments
- Ensuring that the fund subscription and redemption are timely and accurately process to manage the customer expectation.
- Ensuring all segregated funds accounts are prepared in accordance with the governing trustee deeds.
- Ensuring all ledger account postings are promptly and correctly preformed.
- Escalate critical issues to Management.
- Reviewing Bank account balances to ensure adequate funding for current commitments and planning for future commitments to ensure continuity of timely settlement on a daily basis
- Supporting payment process and other bank signatory obligations
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University Graduate
- Proven years of working experience in Back Office or Finance operations within the Banking, Insurance or Financial Institutional settings
- Excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently
- Strong capability to work within a multicultural team environment
- Fluent in Cantonese and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited