Java Developer for Asian equity derivatives trading house
My client is an Asian equity derivatives trading house with a focus on options market-making and other arbitrage related strategies across most Asian markets. Recently, they have committed to an expansion strategy that covers growth into new markets and new products, and require the trading system capabilities to support that growth. In this case, that growth includes moving into the following markets:
- Automated Index Arbitrage
- Delta One Execution and Basket Trading
These roles will sit within the Trading Systems team. These guys specialize in Pricing, Risk, Data and Execution and you will have the chance to work across these areas whilst (potentially) being involved in the Index Arb piece alongside other C++ focused teams that are responsible for connectivity and algo development / implementation.
- Transforming the design and architecture of their suite of Java trading applications for our growing Market Making desks
- Contributing to the re-architecture of their Reference Data, Parameter Management and Order Management systems to support growing volumes and expansion into new product lines
- Designing and implementing new solutions to manage inventory, tracking error, short selling, risk estimation and pricing
- Working directly with traders to capture requirements and propose solutions
- Excellent core Java design and development skills (knowledge of C and/or C++ a plus)
- 5+ years of development experience in building fault-tolerant, scalable distributed systems
- Strong believer in automated testing and collaboration
- Solid understanding of operating systems and network I/O
- Experience with data distribution technologies, such as messaging middleware and data grids (Ee.g. IMDGs such as Hazelcast, Infinispan, GridGain, GigaSpaces, Gemfire, Terracotta, Coherence).
- The chance to work in automated trading systems development
- Flat structure
- High visibility
- More autonomy, less bureaucracy
- Relaxed environment – friendly, casual culture
- Excellent working hours and environment
- Great financial incentives for performers
In short, this is a great chance to leave the monotony of the large bulge bracket banks behind, and join a small, profitable company that is on the “up”. You will work with exceptional people and have high business visibility and impact. The working hours are great, and the chance to put your thoughts and ideas into practice here are unparalleled. You can have a direct and meaningful impact on this organization’s technology strategies and direction, whilst working in a collaborative team with like-minded people.