Java Software Engineer
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half Hong Kong
- 15 May 18 2018-05-15
Extensive Java Backend &/or Frontend programming ability & knowledge of internet tech. Develop,test,maintain & modify a cloud-based software platform
Our client is one of the fastest growing and innovative wealth management fintech companies based in Hong Kong, with multiple offices globally. an platform. Their current clients include established financial institutions in
Europe and Asia.
You will be responsible for:
Be part of their core in-house development team, crafting functionality for their wealth management platform, as a software engineer. The team is international, diverse, young and highly motivated, passionate about the product. You will have the opportunity to provide your own creative input and
will be mentored by three senior executives from major Investment Banks to help expand both your IT and financial knowledge.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following experience:
- Holder of a valid work permit in HK
- Degree holder in CS or related subject
- 5+ years of hands-on Java experience
- Solid Java experience, specifically in a web application context
- Knowledge of programming procedures and programming languages:
○ Required :
■ Java J2EE
■ Micro-service Architecture
■ RESTful API
■ Relational and Non-Relational Database
■ Data Structure Fundamentals
○ Helpful :
■ Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
■ ORM (DataNucleus/Hibernate/SpringData)
■ Any popular frontend JS framework
■ Exposure to Linux/Unix environment and knowledge and experience of
automating / scripting tasks
■ Experience of building and running high availability systems is an advantage
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Basic Financial knowledge
- Ability to learn new systems and applications
- Ability to understand business cases and pro-actively suggest features.
- Highly motivated and a strong taste for a start-up environment / entrepreneurial spirit.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.