Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms, specialising in options market making. Technology is at the core of our business, and our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets. Founded in 2007, we have approximately 100 staff across our three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney and Shanghai.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented and motivated graduate or junior tech support to work in our Hong Kong Head Quarter.
We're looking for passionate and decisive individuals who want to work in a fast-paced trading environment and put their talents to work in a team-oriented role. The successful candidate will be part of our Operations team in Hong Kong, and will be responsible for the upkeep of office IT software/equipment, infrastructure and facilities.
You will learn about Trading Floor and Back Office Desktop Support, while also gaining exposure to IT Infrastructure project work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of workstations, peripheral equipment and Windows desktop software
- Administering Windows and Linux PC’s
- Ensure workstation software seamlessly connects with diverse systems including, Trading systems, application servers, file servers, email servers, and computer administrative systems
- Performing hardware adds moves and changes to trading workstation environments and back office
- Assisting Traders and Developers with their PC related issues
- Liaising with external IT vendors and managing their internal tasks
- Responsible for office facilities management
What you offer
- Up to 1 year's experience in a similar role is preferred, fresh graduates are also welcomed to apply!
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (Windows Server 2012 onwards/ Windows 10), knowledge of Linux operating systems (RHEL-based) preferred.
- Comfortable with a scripting or programming language (e.g. PowerShell, Python. Bash)
- familiarity with TCP/IP networking (trouble shooting desktop issues)
- Hands-on knowledge of PC components, installation and configuration
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills with good command of spoken and written Chinese and English
What we offer
- Exposure to a diverse range of technologies
- Excellent learning opportunities within IT
- A work-life balance in a multi-cultural environment with reasonable work hours
- A flat management structure, where everyone is willing to voice his/her opinion
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry