Junior Developer (Java)
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- BGC Capital Markets (Hong Kong) Limited
- 24 Jan 18 2018-01-24
This position is based in our FENICS Hong Kong office and will work on a variety of projects that enhance or extend FENICS products and services. Initially, the Junior Developer will mostly focus on projects that utilize various FENICS APIs to implement client-driven customizations of the core product. This position will be part of the global product development team, working with other developers, business analysts and quality assurance engineers in both HK and NY offices. In addition, this role will also work with FENICS Solution specialists, who will provide requirements and specifications for client customization projects.
- Design and develop product deliverables according to specifications.
- Work with business analysts to ensure full understanding of the change implications to current processes.
- Escalate technical design or specification issues to business analyst and development manager
- Deliver well-structured, documented and tested code.
- Consistently complete assigned tasks within the scheduled timeframe.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Participate in periodic release activities.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Java programming is required.
- Degree in computer science, math or related field.
- Familiarity with client-server architecture.
- Knowledge on financial products (FX or equity related products, derivatives...etc) is a big plus.
- Experience with C++ or FIX protocol is a plus.
- Experience with XML and SQL is a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and possess excellent problem-solving and good communication skills.
- Must be able to work within an established team and take direction.
We offer highly attractive salary and benefits package. Please submit your application directly stating clearly your current/last draw salary, expected salary and availability.
All data collected will be treated strictly confidential and used for recruitment purpose only. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.