This client member specializes in Global TMT long-short investments with a Greater China focus. Their stock picking / investment approach is based on a systematic intensive and proprietary research which is a combination of top-down sector value chain analysis and bottom-up company research. They invest in disruptive leaders in each core sub-sectors on the mega trends along the whole technology value chain globally. This member is looking for an execution trader to join their fast growing team in Hong Kong.
- Maximize best execution of orders as per Portfolio Managers’ instructions in an accurate and efficient manner (** no proprietary trade book);
- Perform cost effective trading execution across global equity markets using algorithmic strategies;
- Conduct pre and post-trades review and quantitative analysis such as Transaction Cost Analysis etc.;
- Conduct trading performance evaluation with brokers on a regular basis;
- Coverage universe from equity, options, swaps etc, globally;
- Communicate with Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts on daily basis about market information, flows and colors;
- Take on responsibility for ad hoc projects;
- Work effectively and professionally with other internal departments and external counter-parties;
- Generate trading summary and trade-related reports.
- Degree or above holder from recognized University;
- Has experience trading, longs and shorts, in markets such as HK, China A, TW, JPN, KR and U.S. and securities such as listed equities (cash and synthetics/swaps) and listed options;
- Must have experience trading low touch and algos;
- At least 2 years’ of relevant trading experience, preferably in a similar buy-side hedge fund environment
- Excel VBA / C# / Python / SQL a plus;
- Team player with great team spirits;
- Experience with broker commission management, TCA and borrows would be advantageous;
- Attention to details with excellent analytical skills;
- Strong Fluency in English and Mandarin essential.