The bank’s process approach involves looking at end-to-end processes, regardless of functional silos; with a focus on eliminating waste and simplifying and standardizing current processes where and when possible. Client Lifecycle Management (CLM, formerly known as Client Data Services) is a key part of the bank’s GTO business. The Operations team within CLM is tasked with ensuring that the bank is only doing business with those firms and individuals that meet its standards and those of the global regulators.
There are four key operational process responsibilities:
- Firstly, onboarding new clients;
- Secondly, providing clearance for clients requiring an extension of service beyond those approved at the initial onboarding process;
- Thirdly, carrying out periodic reviews of the clients.
- Finally, offboarding clients.
Job duties as part of the KYC Client Outreach team are:
- Candidate should have a deep understanding of the bank’s KYC Internal KOP’s and knowledge of local and regional policies such as Prevention of Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (MAS Notice 626).
- The Candidate will work closely with their colleagues in the client outreach team, Policy Team, AFC Team and client onboarding teams to remediate the existing bank client population
- Working closely with internal stakeholders, Accountable Client Owners (ACOs), external clients and Client Onboarding Case Handlers to manage the Periodic Reviews for the bank’s client population.
- Tracking the status through the review approval processes and monitoring any conditions placed upon their approval by Client Onboarding.
- Working with Business Managers and Accountable Client Owners (ACO’s) to identify client ownership, revenue review and determination of client classification, which assess the viability of client retention on the bank's platform
- Dealing directly with the client population to request, review and ascertain the validity of key information received, including organisational documents, financial statements and results from Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO) due diligence searches, Source of Wealth and Nature of Business searches
- Deliver client relevant metrics around the remediation process.
- Interpret AFC/ AML and KYC policy changes, determining and communicating the impact on GM and adjusting processes to remain compliant, including but not exclusive of documentation review and classification
- Driving requirements to streamline and automate information and process flows between ACOs, Client Onboarding, Business Senior Managers and AFC.
- Responsible for routing escalations to divisional and cross-divisional Client Risk Acceptance Forums (CRAFs) and notifications to GM Non-Financial Risk Council.
- Working closely with the Offshore bank's team to process specific case loads and adhere to tight deadlines while insuring a high quality client experience and through active communication and accurate information requests and follow ups.
- Handles, analyses, reconciles, identifies errors and determines next steps from large sets of data in Excel using pivot tables and vlookups referencing golden sources
- Takes structured, organised and methodical approaches to tasks
- Develops and builds relationships with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of objectives
- Is diligent, careful and thorough in the collection and collation of data, attention to detail is a must
- Analyses root causes and problem solves
- Facilitates working groups and keeps track of commitments
- Determined to deliver to deadlines
- Good understanding of the Bank’s front‐to‐back architecture used across CIB to book trades
- Experience of the APAC region, including regulatory nuances and platforms
- Can demonstrate exposure to operational processing, exception management and workflow handling
- Experienced in off-boarding client accounts, businesses and locations