Lawyer - General Commercial & Data Protection - Legal / Taxation / Compliance - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Role and main responsibilities
Providing legal advice and coordinating external legal counsel in relation to:
- Service and supply agreements with third parties;
- Outsourcing and offshoring arrangements for SG group entities; and
- Client data and personal data related matters.
As the sole expert for the bank's Hong Kong Legal department on these subjects, the successful candidate will be directly involved in a wide range of contractual work, including cloud computing, lease agreement, payroll vendor, sponsorship agreement, outsourcing arrangement, work with FinTech. They will work closely with other experts, locally and abroad, to ensure alignment with SG group policies.
They will provide legal advice on these subjects, in support of the activities and projects of the bank, and as part of the legal watch they will perform on relevant local legal developments.
The focus of the role is on the bank's activities and entities in Hong Kong, but the role extends to providing support for matters across the Asia Pacific region, working in cooperation with any local legal teams in addition to external counsel. Other tasks
- Assisting in the legal aspects and the coordination of corporate secretary topics for CIB entities in Asia Pacific in close interaction with the regional corporate secretary.
- Providing or arranging appropriate training on legal aspects relating to outsourcing and data protection;
- Managing external counsel in relation to the above; and
- Managing internal reporting, exercises and controls in relation to the above.
Profile required Required Competencies/Qualifications
- Degree in law (HK, Commonwealth or US qualification preferred).
- Approximately 3-5 years' experience as a qualified lawyer on commercial and outsourcing matters, ideally with previous in-house bank experience following work in private practice; experience on data protection an advantage.
- Experience of dealing with external vendors.
- Ability to work closely with colleagues in Legal, Sourcing, Compliance, IT and other departments, and to manage external counsel effectively.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a strong command of spoken and written English; Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese an advantage.
- Discipline and professionalism: strong organizational, drafting, time management and prioritization skills; the ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team's interest over my own results
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others
- Commitment - Exemplarity: I embody the Group's values
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 2021/04/01
Publication date: 2021/01/25