Lead Data Scientist Engineer
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description Lead Data Scientist Engineer Hong Kong The Opportunity
Manulife Regional Advanced Analytics team is seeking a self-motivated Lead Data Scientist Engineer, who is obsessed with delivering values and forward-thinking to be accountable as a data domain subject matter expert, building automated capabilities and data products to accelerate advanced analytics. The candidate is responsible for designing and building business interpretable and performant analytics solutions; builds re-usable and modular, self-service capabilities to continuously increase the capacity of the advanced analytics team. The candidate will take a leading role in driving Regional, Asia Data Office, and BU level analytics data foundation, leverage and share their deep knowledge of, and experience with, a wide variety of data analytics and technology topics to up-skill the data and technology competency across Asia What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
Nice to Haves:
- University degree in quantitative based field (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, and Engineering).
- At least 10 years of experience in Advanced Business Analytics, preferably within the retail financial services industry.
- Advanced experience with databases, automating data pipelines and working with data transformation tools.
- Advanced experience in Python, SQL, Spark, Java, C#
- Hands-on experience of data curation deployment, and design of relational-data model
- Experience in deploying data & analytics solutions, including but not limited to campaign targeting & execution, BI visualization
- Experience working in/with one or more Asian countries preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to present data solutions/ analyses and statistics in a simple and clear way. Evidence of ability to persuade senior management
- Ability to think and work creatively around the constraints of the existing business to devise valuable experiments
- A team player with the ability to successfully manage interaction with internal clients and work independently and within a team environment with professionalism and collaboration
On the job you will:
- Experience with analytics tools and visualization tools
- Experience with cloud technologies and Data as a Service (DaaS)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following languages a plus - Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Bahasa, Vietnamese, Thai and Khmer.
- Lead the development of designing, building, testing, integrating, managing, and optimizing analytics data foundation from a variety of sources with our Enterprise Datalake (EDL) platform.
- Responsible for understanding the systems & data environment.
- Research and explore with new data design ideas and related technologies.
- Actively engage with Manulife Asia Data Office team to continuously improve the efficiency of data environment.
- Develop and drive regional analytics data capture, enhancement, cleansing and optimize regional data management capability to enable world-class analytics
- Work with data scientists to transform business requests into value-add data products and capabilities.
- Tactical support of data access, understanding, engineering, visualization, and decision making.
- Enable business leaders in better understanding the use of data and automation, drawing on a thorough understanding of and experience with technologies for intelligent automation, data modeling, data management, etc.
- Identifying and guiding natural data champions in the business to enhance the profitable use of data.
- Automate, re-build, and re-imagine data processes to increase efficiencies in business processes.
- Elevate data and analytics skills in the business
- Develop conceptual/logical data models or semantic layers with appropriate business contexts.
- Collaborate with internal/external data experts.
Our commitment to you
- Support CAO in recruiting, training, developing, coaching and retaining best-in-class analytics talent at BU /Country level
- Participate/lead the community of experts - contribute in creating training material, governance documents and sharing platforms
- Manage regional knowledge repository that houses internal IPs
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Every career at Manulife provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
Learn more about opportunities with us at www.manulife.com/en/careers/why-join-us.html Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .