Lead, SS Ops Standardisation TOM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead SS Ops Standardisation and TOM initiative
- Drive completion of tactical standardisation deep dives of top 6 countries, including line by line scrutiny of process activities, process flow mapping/documentation, benchmarking of standard cycle times against global averages, and identification of processes to stop/automate
- Establish robust framework for standardisation deep dives and rollout to all countries, including process flow documentation
- Establish strategic Target Operating Model for operations processes across global footprint
- Drive country adherence to TOM and achieve FTE benefits by eliminating non-standard processes
- Work closely with Head of Operations Change Management to identify and prioritize automation opportunities
- Work closely with Head of Hubbing to identify and quantify offshoring opportunities
- Create & encourage innovation friendly organisational environment within Group SS COO team; research market trends related to process, technology & innovation (inside & outside operations) and share ideas within SCB to seek support to implement & encourage creative thinking across SS COO.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Technology and SS Operations teams in countries and GBS to seek opportunities to refine and simplify processes that will lead to improve speed of execution, improve client delivery & contribute to any business efficiency targets.
Our Ideal Candidate -
Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; University educated
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations; none additional
- Professional Memberships; relevant memberships to be agreed
- Bank training; none additional
- Languages; English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .