Lead Software Engineer - Well Funded Startup
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- The GRACE Recruitment Group
- 15 Oct 17 2017-10-15
Our client is a logistics company that is disrupting the industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through their groundbreaking mobile platform in over 100 cities in Asia. We are now looking for a Lead Software Engineer - Full stack to be responsible for developing and maintaining features for our API and internal tools as well as focusing on frontend aspects of our mobile and web products. You will design, implement, and launch scalable systems to build new products, features, and services as well as improve existing ones.
What you will do in this role;
- Ability to learn quickly: you will have the ability to learn new technology and frameworks related to mobile and web development
- Detail-oriented: small things such as grammar mistakes and blurry images bother you, so you must be able to make sure that when products get deployed, visually they should look perfect
- Creative: you will need to be creative and innovative. We are all about creativity at our company and we encourage our team to think outside of the box frequently.
- Strong communicator and leader: you will need to act as a leader to help other engineers grow. In addition, you have to be strong at communicating requirements and delegating tasks to other team members to ensure that they are being utilized efficiently.
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Strong knowledge of building complex layouts using HTML and CSS
- Combination of experience with MySQL, Redis, MongoDB or NoSQL solutions
- Knowledgeable in how to design RESTful API
- A good eye for design and UX
- Be flexible, grow, and learn quickly in a startup environment
- Willingness to teach, coach and collaborate with others
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What they can offer you;
- We follow agile practices (Kanban)
- We strive for quality (focus on unit and integration testing)
- We work as feature team, you are free to assist backend, frontend and mobile engineers
- Develop in a workplace which is passionate about knowledge-sharing and code review