Lead Software Engineer (Exchange Connectivity - Java/C++ Developer) - Equities Electronic Trading
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET), is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop low latency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
Equities Engineers focus on designing, developing and maintaining the global infrastructure which underpins Equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs. These engineers work across a variety of problem domains and software stacks to create leverage in our various Equities cash and derivatives business lines. These problem spaces include:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- High-throughput, low latency order management and electronic trading platform
- Client Connectivity of all clients to the various GS platform via FIX
- Exchange Connectivity of all the various Asia Exchanges using native exchange protocol
- Adaptable algorithmic trading platforms
- Smart Order Routing and Internalization Trading Platform
- Adaptive, robust trading controls
- Workflow management platforms
- Pricing, risk and booking systems
- Solid industry experience programming in Java
- Hands-on development experience in exchange connectivity is a must
- Experience working in global financial institutions, preferably in a front office environment
- Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
- Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual with high degree of attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Experience as a Technical Lead in a development team
- Experience developing in a Linux or UNIX environment
- Experience in a hands-on front office development role
- Experience with several of the following: -Low latency development -OMS development -Real-time systems -Large-scale, distributed systems -Operating systems design -Compilers -User interface technologies -Modern webstacks -Databases -Functional programming -Test engineering
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity