Legal - Senior Counsel/ Counsel, AVP / Associate Markets & Regulatory Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 17 2017-10-15
Interesting Compliance position in Financial Crime Compliance covers CIB AML Advisory
The Hong Kong Markets & Regulatory Legal team is seeking a lawyer to support the APAC markets business, with a primary focus on the structured products and OTC derivatives business. The role also has a strong regulatory focus, in particular on how regulations affect the Markets business. The lawyer will, with the rest of the Markets Legal team, work closely with the business on supporting day-to-day business transactions (including advising the business on how regulations affect their business), help structure new complex transactions and, from time to time where appropriate, liaise with external legal counsel to assist in these tasks. This role requires the lawyer to be able to proactively spot issues with transactions and structures, provide commercially pragmatic advice to the business and work well both within the Market Legal team and with other departments such as Compliance and Tax in reviewing transactions and structures.
· To assess and ensure that key regulatory changes arising from current and proposed regulatory agenda of the US, EMEA and APAC having an impact on JPMorgan businesses in APAC are known, tracked, analysed and implemented in a timely manner.
· To work closely with lines of business on various structures and transactions in a regulatory capacity and provide support on execution of such business.
· To advise on the potential impact of regulatory changes in conjunction with global, regional and in-country teams to implement as well as develop strategies to address these changes.
· To assist with trainings and workshops for the front office and other internal stakeholders as well as produce technical updates and alerts.
· To provide legal support to compliance and senior country management in responding to queries from APAC regulators on regulatory reform matters.
· To assist with knowledge management within the APAC Legal Regulatory Group.
- Qualified solicitor with relevant experience in the financial services market and/or applicable regulations, either in a law firm or in an in-house position. At least 3 years PQE.
- Strong commercial focus with a solution-driven approach, and the ability to apply and analyse the implications of regulatory changes to a business environment.
- Outstanding technical legal and communication skills, including the ability to present clear and concise legal advice to the highest standard, and conduct trainings/workshops.
- Solid business partnership skills, with the ability to lead the business and set a clear direction in relation to managing regulatory change.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, project manage and co-ordinate large projects, in a dynamic global environment.