My client is one of the high potential Fintech startups in Greater China. Currently there is a team of 10pax in HK, with around 20 IT architects based in Qianhai, Shenzhen.
Description of Role
- Draft, negotiate, review, and update funds and managed accounts documents, including PPM, IMA, IAA, subscription/redemption forms, side letters, etc.
- Review, negotiate and update agreements with various fund service providers, such as fund administrator, custodian, brokers, tax representative/adviser, auditor, etc.
- Provide advice on legal and related issues relating to the establishment and ongoing maintenance of fund entities
- Provide legal advice/draft legal documents for the firm and group companies in areas such as entity structure, service agreements, etc. Moreover, working knowledge of employment laws, work visa applications, FATCA/CRS filing and service level agreements would also be useful.
- Be the contact person and maintain a relationship with law firms
- Prepare reporting materials to the funds’ and firm entities’ board of directors in relation to legal and compliance matters. Attend board meetings of the funds and draft board resolutions
- Assist with compliance matters and projects, such as regulatory filing, regulatory inquiries, compliance policies and guidelines, marketing document review, training, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
- A qualified lawyer in a major jurisdiction (e.g. HK, US, UK, Singapore, etc) with experience in asset management business (leading law firms and/or Private Equity funds)
- Degree in law and solid law school educational background. (eg. LLB, PCLL/LPC)
- Additional postgraduate level qualifications (such as JD, LLM) will be well regarded
- Excellent communication skills and leadership ability
- Good team player with integrity. Multitasking ability
- Fluency in English, Mandarin (speaking and written), strong communication skills