Legal Counsel - Corporate Banking
- Base + attractive bonus
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Pure Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 12S5954
- 09 Jul 18 2018-07-09
Tier-one Chinese corporate investment bank seeking an experienced legal counsel to join its growing Hong Kong legal team. Provide legal support to the firms banking and finance transitions.
- Report to the APAC Head of Legal;
- Provide legal support to the corporate banking business in Asia on PRC financing, investment products/execution, credit, and lending related matters;
- Working closely with Compliance team, provide advice and support in relation to standard documentation, conduct periodic updates to adopt to new regulatory developments;
- Proactively identify legal risks of pending or potential non-routine government inquiries, internal/external investigations, and third-party disputes;
- Liaising with external counsel on above matters.
- Qualified lawyer (in New York, England, Hong Kong or China) with 3+ PQE gained at another global financial institution or international law firm;
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and independently with issuers, external counsels;
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver largely error-free work products.
- Strong command of English and must be able to read and review Chinese documents.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purposes only and all personal data of applicants will be kept in strict accordance to the Personal Data Privacy Ordinance.