Company Our client is a well known international financial institution which the business spectrum covers cross boarder securities, futures, forex trading and, fund management and cross border e-commerce solution. They are now looking for an experienced and qualified solicitor to join them as their Legal Counsel.
- Provide a full range of legal support and advice to the Board of Directors and the Group companies to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Provide professional legal advise in regarding to Corporate and Commercial issues.
- Supervise and review general commercial contractual agreements
- Provide guidance on proposed business strategies and programs as well as liaise with compliance in order to strengthen the regulation standard of the company for securing compliance.
- Provide guidance on legal matters and regulatory audits; developing policies to reduce legal risk; guidance on global legal matters.
- Provide legal advice on the business transactions, corporate restructuring and other corporate matters of the company.
- Oversees Legal advisory, documents reviewed, drafting as well as litigation.
- Review, draft and negotiate agreements, legal documents and correspondences.
- Handle legal and certain compliance matters and enquiries from both external and internal parties.
- Liaise with the compliance team and ensuring the company policy and compliance standard is up to date with Securities and Futures Ordinance.
- Keep abreast of all new laws and regulations that may have implications to the company.
- Lead and manage legal dispute occurred and liaise with external counsels for the matter.
- Candidate must be a qualified solicitor from common law jurisdiction (practising or non-practising)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in legal field, preferably in financial industry in general.
- Knowledge in Securities and Futures Ordinance, financial services and products is preferred but not mandatory.
- Responsible, independent, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent in English.