Legal Counsel, Investment Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 20 Oct 17
Do you have a practical knowledge of both fixed income and equity financial products ? Do you have a solid background in the legal profession? We're looking for someone like this to:
- review and drafting of OTC and note termsheets, confirmations, pricing supplements and final terms, for both Equities and Fixed Income, Rates & Commodities businesses (flow and bespoke transactions)
- being involved in legal review of structured transactions (including those in emerging markets in Asia) considering issues on, for example, suitability, regulatory requirements, disclosure, cross border marketing, and compliance with applicable UBS policies
- advise on and manage off-balance sheet financing transactions, such as SPV repackaging transactions
- review legal opinions or documentation prepared by external counsel
- provide legal support to the third party MTN desk with respect to third party issued medium term notes (MTNs)
- manage listings of securities on the Luxembourg, Irish and Singapore Stock Exchange or other stock exchanges for UBS issuance or third party issuance
- represent UBS at ISDA and other working groups
- comment and review of responses to consultation papers from regulators on new legislations affecting the Equity and FRC business
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating distribution agreements and participating in internal UBS approval processes
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Investment Bank legal team. We're responsible for advising our Investment Bank colleagues on legal and regulatory matters related to the products they offer our customers. So you could be covering equities or fixed income products in multiple locations in the region. We also work closely with our colleagues around the globe to make sure the advice we give to our businesses is consistent and fits internal policies.
Your experience and skills
– worked in a similar position before, either in private practice or in house
– qualified as a lawyer in UK, Hong Kong or Singapore with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- experience in financial services regulatory framework in Singapore/Hong Kong and foreign jurisdictions
– a strong product knowledge across asset classes
– experience working with senior leadership teams on commercially sensitive matters
– fluent in English. Ability to read and write Chinese is desirable
– able to handle pressure and used to working to challenging deadlines
– an expert at building networks and connections
– comfortable in working in a dynamic and varied legal environment
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.