Our client is a NY based Hedge Fund manager with $4B in AUM, who has recently expanded their Asia presence into Hong Kong.
Our client is a NY based Hedge Fund manager with $4B in AUM, who has recently expanded their Asia presence into Hong Kong. With their expansion they are looking to bring on a Legal Counsel in Asia to help them to build out the legal/compliance framework for the fund.
- Assist in the oversight of the firm's legal and compliance program by participating in legal negotiations with Chinese counterparties and ensuring adherence to applicable US and Greater China regulatory requirements
- Review and revise legal documentation, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Sub-Advisory Agreements, vendor contracts, Side Letter Agreements and internal compliance policies
- Work closely with the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer and Assistant General Counsel & Compliance Manager in executing the firm's compliance program
- Assist in overseeing the firm's Greater China Operational Due Diligence program by analyzing Chinese counterparties' operational controls and risks and participating in due diligence meetings
- Prepare regulatory filings and ensure they are submitted prior to any applicable deadlines
- Conduct compliance training and testing and assist in the administration of the firm's various compliance programs
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Be prepared to take on any other related projects that may arise in the course of business