Liquidity and Non-Traded Risk Manager
Liquidity and Non Traded Risk is part of the Enterprise and Operational Risk Management (EORM) function in the CRO Division.
Our team assesses and oversees the risks of the Treasury function on a strategic basis, recommending corrective actions where necessary, and is also responsible for risk management including measurement and limit setting for Liquidity and Non Traded activities
- It is a mandate to oversee the risks of the Treasury function and banking books as well as Private Banking by either direct coverage (Liquidity and Non Traded risks), or in connection with specialized risk management departments, e.g. Credit and Operational Risks
- You will work with the senior management and subject matter experts, mainly in Treasury, Global Liquidity Group, Private Banking, Risk and Finance to continuously build out the Liquidity and Non Traded risk function that is fit for 2nd line of defence purpose. You will be working with regional Head and APAC CRO to define and develop requirements for risk updates to APAC governance (Risk Committees, Management Control Committees & other Liquidity related forums)
- Monitoring of the liquidity and Non Traded risks for major APAC entities under both internal and regulatory risk metrics. Provide commentary on regional risk developments in the regional risk updates and provide input to global risk monitoring governance.
- Conduct deep dives into risk positions and review risk metric assumptions. Support responses to regional information requests and self-assessments from regulators. Participate in the definition of risk appetite (and corresponding limits, targets, and thresholds) of entities in the region.
- You hold a University degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or Quantitative subject along with an experience of 10 years or more (preferred) relevant Treasury and/or Risk management work experience. Experience addressing regulatory requests.
- Ability to work independently, ability to deal with senior management, ability to represent the function in regional and global forums
- Preferably HKMA Qualified for enhanced proficiency framework on Treasury Management
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for liquidity and non traded risk and risks of financial instruments. Understanding of financial accounting system or product control
- You are ambitious, dedicated and hardworking and also have the ability to multitask and prioritize matters effectively and you have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards