Loan Services Operations Analyst
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Jun 18 2018-06-21
See job description for details
The Asia Global Loans Services team manages the complete operational lifecycle of a loan, which includes primary loan origination, secondary loan trading, agency, servicing and documentation. The role provides an excellent opportunity for development and progression and includes a high degree of interaction with senior stakeholders within Operations as well as Investment Banking/Capital Markets, Sales & Trading, Legal, Compliance and Finance.
- Operational support to the primary loan origination business in Asia Pacific. Closing and funding of syndicated loans and bilateral loans, reviewing loan documents, settlement of syndication trades, and ensuring accurate set up and booking of transactions in the firm?s books and records.
- Liaise with Sales & Trading desk to handle execution of trade documents and closing of LMA / LSTA trades.
- Managing loan agency transactions and borrower relationships by liaising between syndicate group and borrower as well as managing data room sites.
- Processing of loan servicing activities which include loan rollovers, paydowns, interest payments, fee payments and deal amendments.
- Responsible for maintaining loan documentation at closing and periodically throughout the life of the loan as dictated by the terms of the Credit Agreement.
- Manage entire loan lifecycle, including client onboarding, booking and monitoring of transactions, reviewing deal structures for operational compliance, preparation of reports and metrics as well as periodic updates of policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of loan product and credit documentation.
- Experience in financial services operations and risk management related to daily processing, escalation of issues and proposed resolution.
- Ability to drive change and improve efficiencies on the team and work in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and willing to assume extended responsibility.
- Strong control mindset and excellent stakeholder/relationship management.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in Mandarin or Japanese is an advantage.
- LoanIQ experience is preferred.