Low Latency Software Engineer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
Low Latency Software Engineer
Global Banking & Investor Solutions is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale
Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, GBIS provides services in
corporate and investment banking, asset management, private banking and securities around the world.
GBIS offers to its clients integrated and tailored solutions to respond to their specific needs.
Member of "Market Technology" department, the "Quantitative Market Making" team aims to design,
implement and maintain market connectivity systems (Order Management Systems & Market Data
handlers) for internal users with low latency interests.
By joining the QMM team, you will work in a multi-cultural environment, fostering work/life balance. You will
join a fast-growing team, encouraging exploration of new technologies and ideas, with a flat management
As a Software Engineer, you will join a "DevOps" team and will be working in an Agile environment. Your team is composed of cross-functional specialists, and is responsible for the whole application development and operational lifecycle.
You will be in charge of gathering requirements, defining problems, proposing solutions and implementing low latency systems for market connectivity and market data handlers to major financial exchanges in Asia (cash and derivatives).
You will use your knowledge and previous experience to focus on technical performance for low latency, maintainability and reusability of the code produced. As part of our Continuous Delivery mindset, you will contribute as well to the development of automated tests, and tools for continuous build and automated deployment. You will engage in recurrent code reviews and peer trainings.
You will be encouraged to update your knowledge about state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment.
You will be sitting next to Front Office users, with whom you will have daily interactions in a team driven by direct business needs.
Curious, autonomous and passionate, you understand the problems presented and use empirical thinking to identify root causes. You make use of your knowledge and experience to deliver ingenious, simple and efficient solutions.
- Solid experience with C++11, with supporting work experience, personal or open source projects contributions
- Quality oriented with emphasis on software design and architecture
- Previous experience in Finance is not mandatory
- Experience with C++14 and template metaprogramming. Curiosity in C++17
- Experience in multi-threading and concurrency problematics
- Experience with development on Linux platform
- Knowledge of network protocols and socket programming
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python or Perl
- Experience in "kernel by-pass" solutions
- Knowledge of network adapters and CPU architectures
- Previous experience in market connectivity
- Fluency in English