M&A Associate Director - Boutique Investment Bank - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Westbourne Partners
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Seeking a competent M&A generalist to lead a small team for the Hong Kong office of a Japanese Investment Bank. 5-7 years' advisory experience needed.
Position: M&A Associate Director
Entity: Investment Banking
Location: Hong Kong
The successful candidate will work as a senior member in the team, and will be primarily responsible for supporting, and in occasions, leading cross-border and domestic M&A deal origination, execution and financial advisory services in Greater China.
The incumbent will primarily perform and structure the execution of M&A transactions including supporting senior marketer in business development, conducting due diligence, managing client relationships, assisting in the documentation process, coordinating the activities of the working team, guiding junior team members and liaising, with overseas offices and the relevant regulatory authorities.
- A university degree from a reputable university
- Accountancy, legal, MBA, international education, sector knowledge and/or CFA qualification will be advantageous
- 5 to 7 years’ M&A origination and execution experience gained with sizable financial institutions or investment banks
- Possess good knowledge in finance, strong analytical, communication and writing skills, with proven ability to perform financial modeling (such as DCF valuation) and financial analyses
- Possess good project management and problem solving skills, be able to proactively contribute ideas and demonstrate initiatives
- Experience in client service and possess client leadership to anticipate clients’ needs, advise clients accurately and influence clients’ mind-sets
- Possess good leadership quality and be able to lead, guide and coach junior staff (e.g. analysts)
- A team player with flexibility and positive attitude
- Fluency in Mandarin and English, both spoken and written, is a must