Manager/Senior Manager - Cloud and Cybersecurity - Risk Assurance
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Conduct and Compliance Management Level
Senior Manager Job Description & Summary
Job Description & Summary
A career within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we're able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
PwC Dark Lab is a results driven professional services team with the mission to proactively address businesses' cybersecurity and privacy risks while accelerating technology innovations in areas such as Cloud, DevOps, Artificial Intelligence, and Blockchain. We help clients to solve complex cybersecurity and technology adoption problems with breakthrough solutions.
Our team helps organisations use their data to make better decisions and get faster results through the use of analytics, strategy, and data governance. In joining, you'll focus on data strategies and analytical modelling, systems assessment, dashboard development, and developing tools for continuous data monitoring. Responsibilities
As a Manager/Senior Manager part of the PwC Dark Lab Team, you will work in a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting our customers' cloud transformation including advising their operations on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Alicloud, addressing their needs in terms of security needs and working tightly with the privacy team to support compliance in the cloud;
- Analyzing the specific risks related to the Cloud Solution and advise customers on how to mitigate them;
- Supporting customers in defining security requirements for Cloud adoption such as: SaaS software or platform (i.e. Office 365, etc.), design and development of cloud based applications, use of DevOps in the cloud, cloud managed services like (DB, SOC/SIEMs, Automation Frameworks, Data Lakes, etc);
- Guiding customers during the cloud implementation, or analyzing their existing cloud environment and successfully translate security requirements to technical controls;
- Designing and producing the relevant security processes and components to operate in the Cloud (including provider/third party components), work on Blueprints and documentation, and advise on cost/benefits of chosen services;
- Implementing major infrastructure management platforms (e.g. BMC, HP, CA, VMWare, etc.), service catalog, virtualization, automation, orchestration (e.g. Chef, Puppet) and public cloud vendors (e.g. AWS, Rackspace, GCP, Azure and Office 365 etc.);
- Leading teams to leverage modern technology, learning new Cloud offer, improving DevOps efficiency
- Performing project management related tasks including the monitoring of project spending, project plans and progress, ensuring project governance requirements are met
- Drive cyber security architecture design, framework, roadmap and policy; determining the cyber security requirements ensuring compliance and standards are met.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders such as technology risk management, cyber resilience SMEs, IT Infrastructure and Application Teams to develop the Cloud Governance Framework
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realize they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of regional / global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart
- Managing delivery from project scoping to conclusion, while consistently keeping the client's goals in mind;
- Developing and growing team members;
- Communicating at an executive level;
- Beginning to leverage your professional network to seek new business opportunities
Minimum years experience required
- Required cloud-ready architectures utilizing infrastructure and platform cloud services for AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Alicloud; Containers & container management including Docker, Kubernetes;
- Preferred network and SDN related knowledge, such as enterprise networks (Routing & Switching, Wireless, VPN etc.), design and implementation of software defined networking in a cloud environment.
- Required basic programming knowledge, at least scripting on Linux using bash and some knowledge on automation such as Ansible or similar tool;
- Required knowledge of application architecture and security testing;
- Related certifications (AWS SA Pro, CISSP, CCIE, etc.) are preferred but not required;
- Fluent in English and one of the two national languages (Cantonese/Mandarin)
- Required Bachelor or Master Degree in IT (including Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or equivalent) or 8 years of relevant experience in Cloud
- Required 5 years of working experience in Cloud
- Experience working for the Big 4 or a global SI is highly desired
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required Skills Optional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 60% Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date