Manager - Compensation & Benefits
This role has a global coverage in providing compensation and benefits advice and solutions to the broader HR team. Furthermore, it requires the incumbent to work closely with Management, Finance, Tax, Legal, Compliance, IT, local COO’s and administrators. It requires a highly organized, methodical, numerate and detail oriented approach as well as exceptional communication and relationship skills.
This, like all roles within CLSA’s HR team is a hands-on role and will suit someone with a very strong ability to multi-task and deliver seamless, high quality HR related work from an administrative to transactional level, and at times to a strategic level. As a member of the HR team, the role requires a sensible, pragmatic, organized, analytical, and collaborative and client focused approach.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA’s):
- Actively involve in the annual bonus review process
- Provide prompt, accurate and updated bonus and total compensation data analysis/reports for top management review and decision making
- Accurately capture and monitor total compensation data, compensation commitments (i.e., sign-on cash/equity, guarantees, deferral bonus, etc)
- Review salaries in a structured and consistent manner as and when required. Prepare and present salary cost, salary allocation and salary budget data
- Review countries or business areas by benchmarking to salary survey, headhunter data and other market knowledge to ensure competitive position
- Co-ordinate and drive participation in the McLagan (or similar) salary surveys including job matching, data collection, analysis and reporting and interpretation of results for business use
- Administer the employee share programs and handle payment of the quarterly management fees
- Regularly review the competitiveness of the company’s benefits provisions, analyze data and make cost effective recommendations where necessary
- Work with HR Business Partners and local administrators in relevant countries to ensure consistent benefit practices and arrangements are being deployed
- Manage and oversee the Group Insurance Plans and local/overseas medical schemes, liaise with brokers and insurance providers to obtain competitive quotations & benefit coverage
- Work closely with various stakeholders (trustee, plan advisors, administrators) regarding the Group Retirement Plan, manage the bi-annual investment committee meetings to review the pension strategy and investment performance of the scheme
- Supervise Assistant HR Manager on performing the regular benefits administration tasks, and streamline benefits admin workflow wherever possible.
Ad-hoc Reporting & Projects
- Provide timely and accurate data information and reports to headquarters as requested
- Collate and present remuneration related summaries for financial reports (e.g. director’s emoluments, audit/regulatory requirements etc.)
- Assist with other C&B or HR related projects, reports/analysis as requested by management or line of business
- Degree qualified, ideally HR and/or finance related
- Minimum 8 years HR or Finance experience, at least 3 years as a compensation specialist.
- Regional compensation & benefits knowledge and experience
- Proven experience managing salary surveys
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in Excel Formula / Tables / Chart / Vlookup / Mail Merge / Access Database. SAP experience would be advantageous
- Highly developed organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Highly developed and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent and able to work well under pressure with good judgment and strong risk sense
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with diverse audiences
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese
- Ability to multitask, completing numerous tasks for different people simultaneously
- Enthusiastic, proactive attitude and must be a good team player
If you are seeking a dynamic environment in which to build your career in CLSA, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly specify the position title in the email subject for job application.
CLSA may collect personal data from you for purposes relating to your engagement with the Company, including human resource management and other business and internal / external compliance purposes. Any personal information and /or data collected and held by the Company may be used by the Company or transferred (whether within/ outside Hong Kong) to any other parties within the Company, subsidiaries and affiliates of the Company, internal or external service providers, or any other relevant parties including governmental or regulatory authorities, for the above purposes.