Manager - Financial Services, Asset Management
KPMG is one of the leading audit practices in China and Hong Kong SAR. Forming part of KPMG's audit practice, the Financial Services group, both locally and internationally has been growing rapidly in recent years, especially in China. The Financial Services line of business incorporates Banking & Finance, Insurance, Securities and Investment Management. This is a challenging and highly competitive market place offering considerable opportunity as clients expand their business not only in China but globally.
To succeed in this role, you should be an exceptional communicator with an analytical mind, attention to detail and sound judgement. We are looking for someone who is objective and speaks their mind boldly.
Your goal will be to provide practical insight and unearth problematic situations regarding the finances and processes of organizations. Responsibilities
- Leading a team or assisting Partner-in-charge in carrying out quality audit service in Asset Management sector, Private Equity firms, PE Real Estates (PERE) and Infrastructure
- Working collaboratively with members of Client Service, Marketing and Business Development teams to create strong links between marketing business development and key client activities
- Planning effective auditing process
- Auditing financial statements and assessing accounts for accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Inspecting internal systems and controls, assessing risk management tactics
- Reporting systematic errors or fraud indicators and investigating specific issues regulatory bodies bring forward
- Explaining audit findings and recommending solutions. Playing a key role in preparing audit proposals and presentations
- Providing coaching and constructive feedback to team members Experience
- Qualified accountant with at least five years Asset Management audit experience in the Private Equity and/or Alternative Investment sector with a major firm
- Sufficient understanding regarding asset management, private equity and capital markets
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and relationship building
- Effective in networking and internal collaboration with a diverse team of professionals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; Cantonese and / or Mandarin highly preferred
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task, is flexible and can work under pressure
- Self-starter with good analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2019 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. *LI