Manager/ AVP- KYC Advisor
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- ConnectedGroup Limited
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
·Growing Regional Corporate Bank ·Sits in Middle Office team ·Competitive Remuneration
Our client, a growing regional corporate bank, is looking for a KYC Advisor at Manager or AVP level to facilitate a client onboarding and KYC process for corporate and commercial banking clients.
- Full responsibility and ownership of the overall monitoring and supervising KYC AML control team of their smoothness and timeliness of carrying out all name screening, periodic review (OGR) / trigger review and the clearance of the alert hits generated in the in-house system accurate and diligently within the bank's prescribed SLA.
- Strong skill and in-depth knowledge of onboarding and on-going KYC review documentation checking and their requirements when performing the CDD during on-boarding and KYC process.
- Having the skill, ability, experience and confidence to communicate and collaborate with stakeholder partners to ensure tasks under KYC AML control / operations are completed on time and are complied with regulatory requirements, bank's guidelines / policy and within the prescribed SLA.
- Ensure the established control procedures are followed to mitigate any potential operational risks and make sure all junior staff carry out and adhere the relevant policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements in their routine operations.
- As a special matter expert, proactively provide advice on the matters relating to name screening and alerts hits to BU / stakeholders and the engagement of the in-house / external systems process enhancement with the concerned parties.
- Ensure full compliance of all applicable regulations, AML policies and procedures when carrying out job duties as stipulated.
- Assist in conducting AML/CFT risk assessment reviews and communicating results to both internal and external stakeholders where applicable.
- Execute remediation of compliance deficiencies (discovered internally or by regulators) where applicable.
- Escalate identified suspicious activity to the appropriate personnel (e.g. Money Laundering Reporting Officer) where applicable.
- University graduated in Business Administration, Finance or relevant disciplines; Possess of the qualification / certification of the Enhanced Competency Framework on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing is preferable.
- Minimum 5 years experience in client onboarding and/ KYC functions gained from Wholesale banking business.
- Experience and knowledge of the operations of the external name screening devices / tools such as World Check, Dow Jones and project management is preferable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work with different level of staffs within the organization.
- Meticulous with a logical mind-set.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin).