Manager, Account Management Support & Reporting, Group Special Assets Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate Strategy
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the Problem Accounts Management Standard to deliver the GSAM Support Team mandate i.e. providing support to account manager, discharging MIS requests, governance & control, and reporting responsibilities .
- Support implementation of system replacement / automation projects, troubleshooting cases and other efficiency initiatives.
- Assist with policy & process discussions arising from self-identification of issue / team feedback.
- As first line of defence in the problem accounts management space, ensure: i) risks in GSAM processes for management of problem accounts are adequately managed; ii) all applicable policies, procedures and control requirements are appropriately implemented and monitored; iii) applicable external rules and regulations are complied with, and iv) risks that could be material are identified and escalated timely.
- Work with the GSAM support team to discharge information, operational and/or reporting requests covering:
- Portfolio summaries and Risk & Opportunities inputs
- Regulatory returns and financial control and operational risk requirements
- Amadeus record maintenance per GSAM approval documents (IPR, RFA etc.) & guidance notes
- Impairment & write-off / reversal bookings in Amadeus/TP/GL
- Bank auditor requirements
- Self-assessment projects (ERMF, HKMA CoBP, HKMA SPM-CR-G6/10)
- Work on automation, troubleshooting and simplification initiatives.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying key issues, then articulate improvement / clarification required with reference to existing policy & procedures for team discussion.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Internal: HK/Rubik - Country & Business Finance, COBAM / CLM-Ops, Compliance, Risk Operations, GBS
- Internal: Group - GSAM Policy & Governance, Group Internal Audit
- External - Bank Auditor, HKMA and relevant local regulator(s) within GCNA region
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in the GCNA GSAM Support Team; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.