Manager, Business Banking, RB Client Onboarding
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure comply with external and internal regulations and polices
- Awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to Anti Money Laundering Prevention. Ensure to report any suspicious case to the Line Manager &/ or Fraud Control.
- Perform CDD review with a full range of banking products which includes cash management, trade, treasure, investment, insurance & loan etc. by reaching the client directly to obtain and verify required CDD information and update documents. (If applicable)
- Ensure to follow the operating instructions/procedures with emphasis on risk and controls (decision control points, process failure points, escalation triggers) and all are fit for purpose.
- Ensure the CDD process is conducted in compliance with regulatory requirements and related procedures/ guidance notes/ policies adherence to CDD procedures
- Ensure CDD documents fulfil AML/CDD Procedures and local requirements for proper AML/CDD control. All work must be completed in strict adherence to operating manuals without deviations.
- Ensure that control procedures outlined in various BOCs or Procedure Manuals are fully implemented and ensure staff comply with same requirements in the laid down procedures or Manual relevant to your job responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- University/college graduate
- Banking, financial institution experience and AML/CDD exposure are preferrable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of spoken and written English, Mandarin preferable
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.