- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 04 Oct 17
Manager, Change Delivery, Private Banking
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
An exciting role arises in Change Delivery Team under Private Banking.
Products, Services and Processes Launch and Management
Co-ordinate with different stakeholders and product owners to launch new products, processes and services for private banking segment.
Regulatory Initiatives and Industry Practices
To work with Compliance, Operational Risk and control teams to develop new processes, requirements, systems and overall arrangements in meeting local regulatory requirements.
Process Improvement and Management
Responsible for rolling out relevant business & operational process and improvement initiatives for Private Banking HK and to drive efficiency and effectiveness of end-to-end processes to improve FO and client experience.
Project and Business Assignment by Greater China Business Head/ COO
Support Business Head in Greater China to launch tactical business and improvement initiatives and build the Greater China business proposition. Project Lead of initiatives as assigned by Business Head/ COO from time to time.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as a central point of contact for Private Banking HK and work with respective product owners / group procedure and initiative owners / Operations, Technology, Compliance and other stakeholders to launch and manage product, process & regulatory initiatives
- Play a pivotal role on driving global target operating model and contributing to the global Transformation Program of Wealth Management and Private Banking
- Manage change requests and new product/process demand to improve front office/client experience of Private Banking HK
- Participate and coordinate group and regulatory change initiatives that impact Private Banking HK
- Collaborate and build effective partnership with Technology, Operations, business users and other stakeholders to set system strategy and project direction, identify cost/benefit impact, and agree on project timelines and priorities
- Act as project lead on assignments from the Business Head / COO from time to time
- Gather, document and analyze business requirements that require new business models/systems/workflows/processes, existing system enhancements or existing procedural changes
- Responsible for end-user system testing and updating process documents & procedures
- Conduct end user training on processes flow / systems / changes / procedures
- Track issues, mitigate risks and resolve conflicts arising in the change process
- Organize change forums to manage stakeholder expectations
- Ensure all stakeholder communications are managed in a timely and effective manner
- Provide regular project updates to Front Office, COO and senior management
Qualifications and Skills
- University graduate
- 10 years' relevant experience in private banking or wealth management in managing business requirements and (or) coordinating technology solutions with at least 3 years of project management experience managing multiple projects, resourcing and finances
- Be able to prioritize and meet tight project deadlines without compromising output quality
- Sound understanding on KYC, AML, CDD and suitability framework is preferable
- Strong in preparing and delivering effective training
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the bank including senior management
- Stakeholder expectation management and negotiation skills to achieve agreement across different stakeholders and technology teams
- Excellent and proven communication skills
- Fluent in English and Chinese including Mandarin
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.