- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 01 Mar 18
Manager, Client Due Diligence - Private Banking
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
The Client Approval and Review Team will work closely with Front Office to provide overall advice and assistant on account opening, client due diligence and maintenance to minimise error / rejection rates and ensure effective processing in agreed cycle times.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Account Management
- Perform first line of quantity checks of completed Account Opening Documents (AODs), periodic review (PRs) and regular Portfolio Review to ensure accuracy and completeness so as to reduce error rates at onward submission and processing by respective units and escalate higher risk relationships to relevant stakeholders
- Review and approve the Know Your Client (KYC) and client due diligence (CDD) for new AODs and PRs as well as follow up with Front Office and the respective departments
- Through the daily support to the Front Office platform, identify areas for improvements, liaise and coordinate with Spoke and respective support units to drive for work efficiency for Front Line and streamline existing processes where possible
- Assist Department Head to execute and monitor the controls in Private Bank (PvB) business to implement and promote an effective risk management culture and operational framework.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 7 years of experience in banking operations, account opening or client due diligence documentation review
- Previous AML/ KYC/ CDD experience with private banks is highly perferred
- Knowledge of the Bank's products, services, policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements in the banking industry
- Interpersonal skills - communicating effectively and provide value adding advice to others, influencing, supervising effectively
- Ability to analyse situations, prioritise, implement processes and solve problem effectively
- Good team player
- Fluent communication in both English and Chinese is a MUST
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.