- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 05 Feb 18
Manager, Controls & Supervision - Private Banking
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
Managing the risks and controls on post trade sales suitability call monitoring, remediation/ad hoc project resulted from audit, implement/change the control process driven by change of regulations and internal policies and procedures for Private Bank (PvB) business.
- Manage the Call Monitoring Unit to perform post trade voice log review, to assure that all advisory process and disclosure are conducted and adhere to the Regulation and Bank's policies and procedures
- Work closely with Ops Risk, Compliance and the COO office to report, resolve any issues and assess impact to the bank and clients.
- Perform the Manager assessment of the team's review performance
- Consolidate the team's review results and exceptions finding for reporting to Market Head and Business Op Risk Management team for reporting in the monthly Forum
- Responsible for the monthly Key Control Indicator reporting, Control Exception tracking and Residual reporting to Business Op Risk team
- Conduct Induction and refresher training
- Identify potential gap and risk throughout the review process and escalate to compliance/Business Op risk for investigation
- Facilitate Front office queries in relation to the bank's procedures on Suitability and Appropriateness procedure
- Work closely with Group Control team counterparts to align the review standard
- Work with Business Op Risk management on internal/external audit and facilitate all requests in relation to the daily review and provide supporting documentation
- Assist in regulatory and internal reporting such as providing statistics, trend analysis and commentary relating to HK Controls and Supervision's key control process (ie. suitability, cross border, and investment trade execution etc)
- Drive initiatives on streamlining monitoring and control processes
- Supervise and train the Sales & Transactions Assurance member to perform the following:
1. Post Trade Call Monitoring to ensure suitability of the trade that Front office recommended to client and FO provides required disclosure, suitability alert of the trade to client if applicable before execution
2. Monthly Market head call monitoring results, MIS, control breach report, dashboard reporting to Business Op Risk team
3. Potential breach of regulation resulting in HKMA reporting to be escalated to Compliance timely
4. Timely IPO bond allocation and obtain approval for allocation
5. To complete the remediation project on time and provide regular updated to senior management on status
- University graduate
- Minimum 8 years of solid experience in banking suitability, operations and risk control, preferably in private banking business or wealth management
- Have experience of managing a team
- Good communication, team player, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to analyse situations, prioritise, implement processes, solve problem effectively and work independently
- Good command of writing and verbal English, English and Mandarin
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word is a must
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal.