Manager, Corporate Communications
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Invesco (Hong Kong) Limited
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917.5B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917.5B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries. (*As of September 30, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The position is part of the corporate communications department, focused on managing media relations for the Asia Pacific region. The primary role of the Manager, Corporate Communications will be to manage and execute public relations in Greater China markets, including Hong Kong, mainland China, Taiwan and Singapore. This position will also include extensive writing and editing duties, stakeholder management, regional reporting and creative storytelling. The ideal candidate for the Manager role has at least 7 years of professional experience in communications with deep knowledge in the financial services industry; has served a mix of in-house and agency/consultancy experience; works efficiently to meet agreed deadlines while maintaining a high standard of excellence and accuracy; is articulate and effective in written and spoken language, including Cantonese; and maintains outstanding relationships with both Chinese- and English-language media.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Manage public relations and engagement with international, regional and local media organizations; proactively pitch story ideas, identify opportunities for media engagement, and respond to media inquiries.
- Manage internal stakeholders on media engagement, create briefing materials and facilitate interviews.
- Write and edit corporate materials including but not limited to press releases, fund commentary, contributed articles, internal newsletters, website content, award pitches and corporate collaterals such as brochures; prepare speeches and presentations for senior management as required.
- Support the Regional Team Leader, Corporate Communications to research and analyse market trends to inform corporate positioning and refine messaging on key initiatives.
- Support the Regional Team Leader, Corporate Communications to manage the external PR agency.
- Work closely with compliance teams and other investment centers to collaborate on development of materials and initiatives; manage external vendors in the production of communications materials.
- Drive the internal reporting process including weekly, monthly and quarterly media coverage reports, and liaise with global peers on APAC media coverage.
- Carry out additional ad hoc duties as assigned by the department head from time to time.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 5-7 years minimum working experience in corporate communications, public relations, marketing or related fields, preferably within financial institutions, financial journalism or PR agency/consultancy.
- Strong working relationships with top tier media across Greater China markets including Singapore with sound understanding of the media landscape in each market.
- Deep industry knowledge in financial services and investment management.
- Experience in managing media relations and event organization including press conferences and roundtable briefings.
- Knowledge and experience working with PR agencies.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent writing, editing and speaking skills in English and Chinese; proficiency in Cantonese is essential, proficiency in Mandarin a plus.
- Strong experience managing senior executives, including interview preparation and advising on presentations.
- A strong team player with exceptional interpersonal, time management and stakeholder management skills, as well as the ability to work proactively and independently.
- Ability to work outside of office hours to meet critical communications needs.
- Strong sense of commitment, keen attention to detail and passion for excellence.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- University degree in a relevant discipline demonstrating strong English language skills as well as knowledge in economics and finance (e.g. Business, Communications, Economics, Finance or other related discipline).
Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within twelve weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 2 years for future recruitment purposes. When there are vacancies in our subsidiary or associate companies during that period, we may transfer the application to them for consideration of employment. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, job applicants have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, Personal Data in relation to the application. If job applicants wish to exercise these rights, they should contact the Human Resources department.