Heng An Standard Life (Asia) Limited (“HASL Asia”, previously named “Standard Life (Asia) Limited”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Heng An Standard Life Insurance Company Limited (“HASL”).
HASL Asia’s presence in Hong Kong can be traced back to 1999 when it was established under the name of “Standard Life (Asia) Limited” and registered as an authorised insurer in Hong Kong. It was a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Life Aberdeen plc (“SLA”) until June 2020 when it was sold to HASL with the strategic goal to align SLA’s Hong Kong and Mainland China insurance businesses and create a single, stronger base for future development.
HASL is a 50:50 Sino-foreign joint venture business between SLA in the UK and Tianjin TEDA International Holding (Group) Company Limited in Mainland China. This strong background creates a unique advantage for HASL Asia in Hong Kong leveraging on its heritage as part of a Sino-foreign joint venture insurance group.
Demonstrate leadership and manage the customer contact center and customer care function of the Customer Service Centre team to deliver market leading customer service to our brokers and end customers.
The incumbent is also required to lead and understand customer needs and their requirements to develop effective processes with good quality and to work closely and proactively with other team manager(s) within Operations and other business functions for quality assurance in the delivery of customer services excellence and identification of opportunities for continuous improvements (for example but not limited to corrective and preventative actions and ongoing monitoring mechanism).
- Oversee the call center / contact center team to ensure the delivery of quality customer service through various customer contact points.
- Serves as the 1st line of assessment & escalation in related to customer non-satisfaction and operational and conduct risks. Oversee the complaint handling activity and act as an escalation point for any queries, complaints and disputes with customers or brokers.
- Enhance and improve customer experience, by proactively lead and work closely with colleagues in other departments.
- Work closely with Customer & Marketing department to design and maintain customer journey, including develop and maintain the customer retention programme and identify cross-selling opportunities proactively, and achieve KPIs set by the Company.
- Design and implement customer interaction programme.
- Drive the plan, design, delivery and continuous enhancement of the customer contact center management processes and systems, including customer self-serviced platform.
- Responsible for managing customer engagement related communications.
- Build strong relationships with key customers, colleagues, intermediaries and other external contacts and at all times seeks to display a team working mentality.
- Maintain an understanding and awareness on key aspects of life insurance, legislation, compliance and the market.
- Perform the role as Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) representing Operations while participating in company projects as per assigned by manager, including providing resource to support items such as testing for idea, feasibility study, delivery and implementation.
- Recommend changes to procedures/processes and participate in their implementation.
- Any other adhoc tasks as per assigned, include but not limited to underwriting and claims activities.
Qualifications / Experience / Requirements
- University graduate required.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in customer call center / contact center, Customer Complaint and Customer Retention areas, preferably in insurance industry.
- Solid customer complaint handling experience is mandatory.
- Pass in IIQE Paper 1, 3 and 5 and fulfill the “Fit and Proper” criteria of GL34 to become an individual licensee.
- Experience in customer CRM system management is preferred.
- Self-motivated, a quick learner and a good team player.
- Mature, good telephone manners and good disposition.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Good stakeholder management skill and strong leadership.
- Work well under pressure and able to complete task at a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently, self-initiated and capable to prioritize work.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese/ Mandarin).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Word Processing.
- Customer at the heart
- Customer engagement, retention and growth
- Consultancy expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Acting with confidence
- Managing change
Reports To Role
Head of Customer Operation
We offer attractive salaries and excellent benefits.
If you are interested in our opportunity, please send your job application to us. Before doing so, please make sure you read and agree with our Personal Information Collection Statement (link: https://www.hengansl.com.hk/en/careers/privacy-agreement).
Any personal data we collect will only be used for recruitment purposes. We keep all applications confidentially on file for six months.