At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Act as one of the company's Expense Business Partners and manage the expense for the assigned departments with an objective to deliver company's growth and investment strategy. The incumbent of this role works closely with management to analyze in detail the company's spend on business initiatives and recommend management actions, to prepare & evaluate the impact on financial metrics, and to support an effective and transparent budget planning process that aligns with the company's strategic and financial targets
- Support month-end and year-end financial reporting, include expense variance reporting, commentary and analytics such as sensitivity analysis. Manage adhoc query related to expense variance from stakeholders such as actuarial team, PCA and auditors. Oversee the monthly expense allocation process and booking of expense by fund type. Prepare actual templates and presentation deck for management discussion.
- Act as Expense Business Partner for the assigned departments, provide recommendations to management team to manage expenses by producing expenses MIS reports, prepare expense commentary and analysis through understanding of expenses drivers, and forecasting expense on a regular basis. Support the annual budgeting process for the assigned department to ensure expenses are budgeted at appropriate level and identify opportunity of expense saving to maximize the benefit for the company.
- Oversee the annual expense study process, review and analyze actual experience of operating expenses and compensation for life and group business and recommend expense assumptions for future years. Review the expense allocation methodology to ensure the expenses be allocated fairly between the long-term fund.
- Support improvement plans on budget and other BAU process such as working template and system enhancement. Provide assistance to new project initiatives as and when required.
- Bachelor degree in finance related discipline.
- Insurance industry experience with actuarial background highly preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in adapting to changing priorities and to multiple business functions.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent Excel skill, with basic knowledge of Excel Macro and MS Access Database.
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical skill and ability to make sound proposals to management.