Manager, Finance (Project & System Team)
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
To contribute in system projects including planning, negotiating, preparation, performing hands-on user acceptance testing, progress monitoring and regular updating/ reporting of project status. To provide business analysis and consulting services to Finance users as a subject matter expert, and deliver quality project documentation. To support business & system initiatives/ products development and assist in implementation to various policy administration systems and FIN accounting system.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver finance initiatives in alignment with business strategies. This covers a broad spectrum of business initiatives across systems, products, distribution, operations workflow, payment gateway and other finance or insurance business related implementation projects. Bridge the gaps between Finance, other stakeholders and vendors in understanding business needs and devising effective solutions to realize benefits of enhancing financial control, improving analytic capability, increasing efficiency and reducing cost.
- Plan, resource and coordinate with stakeholders to implement all projects or initiatives that interface to accounting systems in an effective and efficient manner. Enhance financial control by strengthening documentation, standardization of processes, centralization of accounting definitions and treatments, and automation of reconciliation and controls.
- Monitor project progress and participate in define business and user requirements, recommending solutions, designing testing plan, conducting testing, integrating with existing processes, deploying to production and transition to BAU and providing user training/reconciliation templates for post-monitoring.
- Devise and implement control procedures to assure data integrity and quality assurance of deliverables. Document manuals and procedures of finance processes as required. Define and analyze change impacts in order to provide effective solutions (interim and long-term) and support to users to ensure stable and quality services to users
- Provide technical support to Finance month end closing and budgeting works by preparing Macro and/or Microsoft Access tools to simplify and automate tasks. Review and analyses technical problems for Finance users, liaise, communicate and follow up with IT to resolve problems in efficient manner.
- University graduate preferably in Accounting or other related disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years of project working experiences, practical experiences in insurance is an asset.
- Strong and effective project management and people management with influencing skills to work effectively across organizational boundary; including planning, resourcing, managing risks, and delivering solutions;
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in adapting to changing priorities and to work independently with limited supervision;
- Strong communication skill and tactful in resolving conflicts; Logical thinking; capability in making sound and consistent decisions;
- Proficiency in computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge in Macro programming in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience in SUN accounting system is preferable.
- Strong written and verbal language skills in Chinese and English