Manager, Hedge Accounting
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Pure Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 12S5954
- 11 Dec 18
My client is a Top Tier Global Consultancy firm. Their expanding Financial Risk Management team is looking to further develop its leading market position in the area of financial services advisory. They are looking for a Manager who can assist client with policy, process, regulation, methodology, models and systems related to Hedge Accounting.
- Manage the execution of IFRS9 Hedge accounting related engagements to ensure quality service is delivered
- Develop and maintain productive client relationships, maximising business opportunities
- Supervise a growing specialist team and contribute to the career development of team members
- Play a key role in business development across regions
- Local and regional market developments related to Hedge accounting implementation
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory practice and across other services.
- At least 5 to 8 years experience in professional services advisory, management consultancy, international banking, insurance or a blue chip industry company with demonstrable experience in financial risk management.
- Possess a depth of knowledge in some or most of the following areas
- Financial instrument valuation and methodologies
- Knowledge of market practice in policy, procedures and documentation for IFRS9 Hedge accounting
- Understanding of key changes between IAS39 and IFRS9
- Understanding hedge effectiveness requirements
- Knowledge of eligible hedging Instruments and options
- Understanding of latest IASB developments and papers
- Understanding of technical tools/ techniques relevant to IFRS9 hedge accounting plus a knowledge of in- house or vendor systems solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives.
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure managing multiple/ large scale projects or project deliverables
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Fluent in English with excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills. Proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) is a strong advantage
- Cross cultural business and overseas experience preferred
- Degree holder in Finance, Risk Management, Accounting/ Financial and Actuarial Engineering/ Business Mathematics or any other business related discipline
- HKICPA, CFA or FRM Designation preferable.