Manager, Insurance Finance Accounting Policy - Global Finance
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Mar 18 2018-03-07
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager, Insurance Finance Accounting Policy.
In this role, you will
- Support the analysis, interpretation and understanding of the requirements of existing and new accounting standards and the impact of the same on HSBC's insurance business.
- Support in drafting technical papers on the key elements of the accounting requirements for new initiatives undertaken by the business such as new products launched, new investment classes undertaken, hedge accounting for financial instruments.
- Form part of the Accounting Policy specialists in the Finance Reporting team to provide technical accounting expertise across all areas including financial instruments and insurance contracts under existing IFRS 4, and forthcoming requirements under IFRS 17. This would include analysis and interpretation of the requirements of the standards to support the key decisions to be made by Group Insurance in the finance reporting process.
- Evaluate the impact of changes in accounting standards on the existing operational accounting and reporting processes.
- Respond to technical developments, assist in the formulation of accounting policies and the drafting of internal implementation guidance.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training on accounting policies and their application.
- Ensure adherence of local sites to group accounting standards.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Post qualified accountant, such as HKICPA, or overseas equivalent like ICAEW.
- Experience in IFRS technical accounting skills from industry or professional practice, including experience of drafting technical accounting papers and challenging current practice in order to drive improvement.
- Preparation or audit of financial statements under IFRS with either an audit practice, preferably from Big Four audit firm or another insurer.
- Strong language and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of planning and problem solving, ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities and develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000ACCD
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited