AIA International Limited About AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau are subsidiaries of AIA Group Limited. AIA Group Limited established its operations in Hong Kong in 1931. We have more than 15,000 financial planners*, as well as an extensive
AIA International Limited
About AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau
AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau are subsidiaries of AIA Group Limited. AIA Group Limited established its operations in Hong Kong in 1931. We have more than 15,000 financial planners*, as well as an extensive network of brokerage and bancassurance partners who serve more than 1.8 million customers*. Our products range from individual life, group life, accident, medical and health, personal lines insurance to investment-linked products with numerous investment options. We are also dedicated to providing superb product solutions to meet the financial needs of high net worth customers.
* As of February 2016
To assist the Head of Legal & Governance on all company secretarial, legal and regulatory matters, in particular, to assist in ensuring that relevant legal and regulatory requirements in Hong Kong and other applicable jurisdictions are complied with.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in the review of and/or drafdting of agreements/documents;
- Perform legal research and assist in the provision of regulatory updates;
- Assist with obtaining regulatory approvals and preparing regulatory notificaitons;
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of good corporate governance structure, including the updating and maintenance of Company's policies;
- Assist in the preparation of Board meetings and necessary statutory filings and maintenance of corporate documents and records;
- Work with Compliance to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements; and
- Support projects and new initiatives at Company and Gorup levels
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Head of Legal & Governance.
- Good communication with all levels of colleagues within and across departments.
- Effective and professional communication with counterparties and external counsels and consultants.
- Degree holder (preferably LLB in a Common Law jurisdiction) or diploma in Legal Studies from a recognized education institution;
- 5 years work experience gained from in-house legal environment or private practice would be desirable, in particular investment management and funds experience;
- Familiar with SFC regulatory practice in respect of licensed entities and authorised products;
- Good organizational and communication skills;
- Flexible, proactive and highly motivated;
- Work independently with minimum supervision;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin); and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Application.
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
All personal information provided by applicant will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. The personal information will be used strictly in accordance with AIA’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. It is possible that information about the applicant or the applicant’s application will be shared with AIA and its related companies. AIA will retain all applications for a period of up to 24 months after which the documents will be destroyed.