This role is responsible for supporting the planning, delivery and execution of compliance monitoring and assurance program across the Asia region for Fidelity's asset management business activities in a globally consistent manner.
Asia Product & Distribution Compliance Monitoring is a regional function, forming part of Fidelity's Global Compliance Monitoring team, responsible for providing an independent and risk-based compliance monitoring and assurance for Fidelity's asset management business activities across the Asia region.
Fidelity International holds the integrity of its business dealings as one of the core values of the organisation and Compliance Monitoring function plays a key role in it.
This role is responsible for supporting the planning, delivery and execution of compliance monitoring and assurance program across the Asia region for Fidelity's asset management business activities in a globally consistent manner. This includes setting consistent frameworks and methodologies and developing a region wide monitoring plan with appropriate consideration to various local business / regulatory requirements and the delivery of high quality monitoring and assurance activities in an efficient, targeted and effective manner. The role will also be required to support various regional and/or global monitoring work, as and when required.
The ideal candidate will undertake these specific responsibilities:
Assurance and Oversight
- Actively support development and execution of compliance monitoring framework to ensure delivery of high-quality monitoring and assurance across various products, business lines and distribution channels for Fidelity in Asia in an efficient, effective and globally consistent
- Conducting risk-based, limited focus and regular ongoing testing/monitoring.
- Participating in more in-depth monitoring reviews, sometimes covering complex areas of the business, providing assurance that business controls align with regulatory
- Ensuring all working papers are properly prepared, suitable and clearly presented recommendations made when necessary and quality reports issued to senior
- Ensuring the timely and appropriate escalation of issues and tracking actions to ensure effective and timely implementation.
- Actively support creating and ongoing maintenance of 'regulatory footprint' and a consistent regulatory risk assessment methodology for Fidelity's various legal entities and business activities across the
- Maintaining an appropriate level of technical understanding of relevant regulation and keeping abreast of regulatory changes and developments and upcoming changes in regulatory and market
- Conduct investigations and other ad-hoc projects as required
- Participate in key business as usual
- Produce metrics for senior management information.
- Building relationships with the relevant business areas and other oversight groups, particularly in relation to the planning and implementation of
- Co-ordinating with broader compliance teams for monitoring work carried out in other overseas offices, where appropriate.
- Participates and contributes positively in various business initiatives and ad-hoc
Foster a cohesive, creative, and efficient working environment within the team in which people can do their best work.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Graduate with 6-8 years of work experience in asset management, with experience in a monitoring and assurance role preferred.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills. This role must be able to work with team members and internal stakeholders across various levels and in different offices/ locations. The candidate will be required to be professional, confident, confidential and
- Deep understanding of a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures related to asset management activities. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is also
- Strong eye for detail with the ability to produce accurate, well-structured reports according to deadlines. Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability and attention to
- Ability to plan, organise, co-ordinate and work well under pressure and remain motivated while completing routine
- Strong systems/PC skills including understanding and use of data extraction/analysis tools (e.g. Excel, PowerBI, PowerPoint etc)
- Excellent English (both verbal and written), with experience in reports and business writing. Knowledge of any other regional languages will be an advantage.