Manager, Quantitative Finance, IFRS 17 - HSBC Life
7962810Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager and Actuary, IFRS 17
. Principal responsibilities
- Automate and optimize the generation process of economic scenarios for IFRS 17
- Design the process and tools for estimating the market condition update
- Build and calibrate a proxy model for the IFRS 17 fulfillment cash flows
- Team management of four in the central team
- Support and train the country resources on the market condition update processes and techniques for around eight entities
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Quantitative degree, Mathematics, Physics, Actuarial Sciences
- Experience in market consistent valuation, financial reporting or economic capital processes
- Team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, autonomy and commitment to process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually balanced with practical day to day execution.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.